The payroll is quite an attractive feature in the Quickbooks software. Whatever be the size of the firm, Quickbooks can work and perform the payroll services. A basic error in QBs can cause payroll troubles in the Quickbooks software. The QuickBooks error 15222 is a QuickBooks error that can stop many functions. It is quite a rare error and a bit complex to fix this type of error.
It could be irritating when you have to experience this error. All your QuickBooks work and operations come to a halt. But we are happy to help you. With the content of this post, you can easily remove this error from the Quickbooks software.
What is QuickBooks Error 15222?
This error is a 15xxx series of Quickbooks errors. The error 15222 QuickBooks is due to the inability of Quickbooks to create a stable network setup connection with the server for downloading the updated files. It pops up with a message that says that the error exists in the system.
QuickBooks Update Error 15222: Causes
There are many causes that can help in the prevalence of Quickbooks error 15222 windows 7 and QuickBooks error 15222 windows 10. These reasons are as follows:
- QuickBooks is not updated to its latest version.
- Your system is under virus, malware, or other threat activity.
- Your antivirus or firewall is blocking the Quickbooks update.
- No administrator login.
- The settings of the date and time are not right.
Quickbooks Error 15222: Methods to Resolve
1: Change Firewall Settings
You just need to alter the firewall settings by adding Quickbooks as an exception. For this, do as per these instructions below..
- Access the default browser.
- Now, Select tools and go for firewall settings.
- Within the firewall settings, reach out to exceptions.
- After this, add the following as exceptions of the firewall.
Reboot your PC for saving the changes made.
2: Install the Digital Signature
- Firstly, launch the Windows File Manager.
- Within the file manager, write in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks and tap Enter.
- Now, search for the QBW32.exe file in the QBs folder.
- Do a right-click on the file QBW32.exe and choose the option properties.
- Below the section Digital signature, go to the list of signatures.
- Hit on details under the Intuit Inc digital signature.
- Click on the option View Certificate in the tab Digital Signature Details.
- Choose the option Install Certificate in the tab Certificate.
- Keep tapping on the Next button till you get the option Finish.
- After the process is completed, you need to update the Quickbooks desktop software again.
3: Putting Internet Explorer as the Default Browser
- Open the browser Internet Explorer.
- Navigate to Tools and then choose the option Internet.
- Go to the tab Programs and tap on the option Make Default.
- Hit the OK button.
- Lastly, you are required to update the Quickbooks application software again.
4: Quickbooks File Doctor (QBFD)
There are two alternate ways to make use of the Quickbooks file doctor tool. Either you can make use of it via the QBs tool hub or can download it as a separate software of Quickbooks file doctor (QBFD). We will talk about how you can make use of it via the Quickbooks Tool Hub.
- Firstly, download the Quickbooks Tool Hub software from the online website of Intuit.
- After downloading the exe file, install it in the system.
- Now, open this tool.
- Navigate to the tab Programs.
- Here you will get an option as a green-colored button called Run File Doctor. You have to tap on it.
- Lastly, the file doctor tool will self-detect the issues and once identified, it will start repairing the errors and issues at the earliest.
More to Know: QuickBooks Error 1722 Solutions Guide
The QuickBooks error 15222 is a 15xxx series of Quickbooks errors that occurs due to the inability of Quickbooks to create a stable network setup connection with the server for downloading the updated files. In this article, we have got all the significant concepts associated with this error and have tried to get all the resolving solutions together for you.
You must have been at ease while following the solutions and are no longer stuck in any such error. Hope our content has been of use to you and for any further help, you can go through our other QuickBooks Error-related articles on our official website.